Well, a big hello to the Indian motorbike community. I am sure you all know that the much-awaited BMW Motorrad R18 Cruiser is going to make its global debut in India in 2021.
Dr. Markus Schramm, CEO BMW Motorcycle Division, called this R18 Cruiser segments an associated entry with the main aim of becoming top in premium segment worldwide.
The R18 Cruiser Concept unveiled at the Handbuilt Motorcycle Show in Austin, Texas, first stole the show at Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’ Este, Lake Como, Italy in an annual showcase of vintage and classic cars. France started the pre-bookings for BMW R18 Cruiser in September last year and is said to launch in 2021.
However, the R18’s participation in Intermot and EICMA motorcycle shows this year got recently canceled due to the problematic situation of Coronavirus pandemic. But, the company is planning to use an alternative digital communications platform to unveil further upcoming products.
Motorbikes India appreciates the decision as it is essential to combat the current situation while also looking at the security of partners involved in BMW Motorrad showcases.
Now, since there is no information on online viewing of R18 as a global debut, we would advise you to keep an eye on the official website also to get the latest news on the unveiling of the bike.
So, are you all ready to get swiped by this beauty on wheels?
BMW R18 Cruiser Specifications
Let’s get back to what we know about the actual specifications R18 Cruiser segment with regards to official information.
- The cradle-type chassis houses a new 1800cc boxer twin-cylinder engine.
- It reflects similar inspiration from flat-twin engines manufactured at the end of the 1960s but with a significant displacement in modern oil/air cooling.
- It is said to be an instant hit with 16-inches rear and 19-inches front wheels, heavy-duty Hattech stainless steel pipes, and Brembo brakes.
- With most of the torque is available in lower rev band (2,000 pm to 4,000 rpm), the unit churns maximum power of 91 PS at 4,750rpm and peak torque of 158 Nm at 3,000rpm.
- Besides, other visual features include a chrome-plated universal shaft as a connection between the drive and rear wheel.
- Additionally, the motorbike experts expect the Beemer to come with an extensive touch screen infotainment system with assistance in navigation.
- You will get an LED headlamp consisting of a round shape with a signature cruiser appeal.
- Its dual-disc braking system comes with standard ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System).
- The riding stance is upright and low too much longer distances with simplicity.
- The complementary features include soft-box panniers, large windscreen, unique turn indicators, and retro-style buckles.
- The R18 expects to come loaded with cruise control, traction control, and fantastic ride modes.
Well, this premium beast from BMW on this heavyweight cruiser segment is most likely to compete with the Indian and Harley Davidson motorbikes. It will likely take fights with Harley Davidson Street Glide, Road Glide, and the Indian Chieftain models. What will probably differentiate the R18 is the addition of a few gizmos and latest technology you will observe on cruiser motorcycle. So, there’s no fault in the intent.
- Apart from raw pulling power, this BMW R18 Cruiser contains a little box.
- This bagger will most likely come with electronic gizmos, expected from a cruiser.
- With an inbuilt TFT screen and navigation system, you can have excellent access to a smartphone and other connectivity and multimedia features.
This new Big-Boxer features similar structural features first started in BMW Motorrad boxer engine models.
- The premium cylinder range weighs about 244lbs with intake and gearbox systems.
- The Big Boxer’s crankshaft has tempered and quenched steel sheltered with two compression rings, cast aluminum pistons, and an oil wiper ring.
In short, the R18 cruiser from BMW is eye candy for the entire motorbike community. With its beauty, high-end technology, and smooth-riding, you are sure to glide through the city as well as highways.
Thus, keep watching this space for more action as the motorbike industry will unleash more such top-notch models in 2020!
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.