Hey, Guys Bajaj Chetak is back! The two-wheeler leading brand in India Bajaj Auto Ltd has resurrected its Chetak scooter in a new electric form after fifteen years.
Let us get to know more about the new Chetak!
Well, it is the first product of the company’s new Urbanite business verticals which will launch in January 2020. It will be the first electric scooter to roll out under Bajaj Auto Ltd. Apart from India, Chetak will also get sold in European markets next year.
Rajiv Bajaj, the MD of Bajaj Auto Ltd, said that to maintain the ecological environment, the company will work on developing electric vehicles. The company has decided to launch this new Chetak Electric scooter initially in Pune and Bangalore.
- The launch date of the electric two-wheeler Chetak will be in January 2010
- The price will be between INR 90,000 to INR 1.5 lacs
- It will have an all-metal body and a fixed battery
- The electric motor will be of 4 KW
- The first launch will be in Pune and Bangalore
- IP67 lithium-ion battery pack will provide a boost to the Bajaj’s electric baby
- It will come with a digital instrument cluster and a dedicated mobile application to offer better convenience.
- It has six colour options- red, blue, gold, silver-white, classic ivory.
- The Bajaj Chetak, with a retro design, looks robust and tall on 12-inch cast alloy wheels with a metal body.
- The Chetak does look appealing, actually- it’s quite pretty! The silhouette resembles Vespa Electtrica and Vespa GTS 300 in many ways.
- It gets a curvy body, multi-spoke wheels, and smooth seat to create a timeless design.
- Its headlight has LED light with a strip of LED daytime running lights, round retro-style instrument cluster with a feathery touch scrolling LED blinker.
- The tail of the scooter looks stylish along with the taillights.
- The finish is quite lovely, and Chetak electric scooter will stand out among other electric bikes in the Indian market.
- The automobile company has taken extra care for Chetak and paid attention to the smaller details like feather touch gear, LED light, and digital console.
- Bajaj has used high-quality materials for mirrors, stalks, side stands, and footpegs.
- Chetak is among few other scooters in India who offer the metal body.
- The contrast stitching on the seat without the visibility of joints on the body panel, making it a single unit, impresses us, giving a high-end appearance.
Battery and Motor:
- The Chetak electric scooter will have a 4KW electric motor.
- It has a battery of IP67 high-tech lithium-ion battery with Nickel Cobalt Aluminium Oxide (NCA) cells.
- The battery is fixed and not swappable.
- You can charge it with a standard household 5-15-amp electric outlet. It will take 5 hours to load the vehicle entirely.
- Bajaj will fix a minimal price for the home-charging station, and the charger will show the amount of energy used during charging.
Performance and Range:
- The new Bajaj Chetak gives you two driving modes, Eco and sports.
- The Eco range gives you a range of 95 Km while Sports mode gives you a range of 85 Km.
- The scooter comes with a swingarm-mounted motor.
- It has a high-efficiency automated gearbox.
- There is no specification from the Bajaj end, but the display model shows five notches for five gears.
- The system is expected to automate with a unique riding experience.
- The scooter has twelve spokes MRF tire.
- The Chetak will first launch in Pune and the next in Bangalore.
- By the end of next year, the scooter will be available in most of the major cities in India.
Connect with your vehicle:
- It has a feature to stay connected with your scooter. You receive notifications in case of an accident and unauthorized access.
- It also has a feature to listen to music and provides helpful riding tips.
Well, with the launch of the new Bajaj Chetak electric scooter, one of the oldest Indian automobile company has shaped the future of mobility. Bajaj Auto Ltd offers you a two-wheeler with a timeless style with every detail that states the art of the scooter.
Looking at its features, I can’t miss the chance for a test drive and go for buying it. If you also feel so too, then go for a test ride with this advance technology of electric two-wheeler and bring it home.
Click here https://www.chetak.com/ to register today.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.