Do you know which is the most awaited motorbikes spotted at a training facility under Bajaj this February?
Well, we are talking about KTM 790 Duke which was in the queue for a launch this year by November.
As per the recent official reports due to some homologation issue, the launch time has been extended to next year.
I know that it is the most shocking news for KTM fans. Many of you in the motorbike community may have even given a token amount to pre-book this beautiful piece to your nearest dealer.
Well, this is not the first time that KTM shifted the launch date of Duke 790. However, this time, it is a more significant buzz due to its availability in some of the International motorbike markets. Besides, being the lightest motorbike in this category, all the riders had been eagerly waiting for it.
So, what made the Duke 790 so distinguished from other motorbikes?
There are several striking features that distinguishes this sports bike from the rest and undoubtedly, it has become one of the most awaited projects.
Here are some specific details that make this beast unique:
- It is one of the most compact, light-weight, and carefully designed bike that is dynamically easy to carry on the roads due to its appropriate power/weight ratio.
- The corners exhibit rigorous precision with a single blended twin punch. It is endowed with four-stroke, two cylinder parallel twin technology.
- Technically, it has a 799 cc displacement 103 HP power capacity which equals 77 KW.
- The torque reflects as 87 Nm with 88 mm of Bore and 65.7 mm of Stroke.
- The motorbike has electric start with six-speed liquid cooled arrangements.
- The fuel consumption is 4.4 L per 100 Km of distance, and the CO2 emission rate is 102.9 g/km.
- Its clutch is anti-hopping and mechanically operated.
- The forced oil lubrication system has two-oiled pumps.
- The Front Suspension is 43 mm upside down, while the rear one is a shock absorber.
- The radial fixed four-piston front brakes and the rear one has floating caliper single piston disc brake with 300 to 240 mm of front to rear diameter.
- It has two channel ABS 9 MP Bosch, 66 degrees of head angle for steering, 825 mm of 825 mm of seat height, and 186 mm of ground clearance.
- It has 169 kg of dry weight with 14 l of fuel capacity.
- The frame design is Steel Molybdenum Chromium, the stressed elements, and powder coated. The chain is 520 X ring.
With these features, we can rightfully say that the KTM Duke 799 cc powerhouse is powerful enough to bypass any short circuit or mountain passes.
- Due to the light-weight engine, you can easily handle it at extreme conditions.
- The torque is eight-valve liquid cooled that gives 8000 RPM with low emission and fuel consumption.
- The DOHC cylinder gets circulated with twin camshafts that provides a balanced ride.
- It also has three forged pistons with a diamond-like coating, plus horizontally split crankcases.
All in all, the 790 Duke is a sensational and a dynamic two-wheeler which will be in high demand from the young motorbike enthusiasts.
Lastly, we hope there are no more changes to the launch time and the new Duke 790 is on the road at least by next year. We, like many of you here are ardently waiting for its launch.
So, guys, keep your fingers crossed as you wait for the new champion from the house of KTM!
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.