There’s hardly anyone who hasn’t heard the name Suzuki. Isn’t it? Whether you are a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler enthusiast, Suzuki is one brand which is equally famous in both these segments.
Suzuki Motors is a popular prestigious Japanese multinational corporation that is also a leader in the motorbike industry. Their products have showcased class and quality over years of establishment.
Hence, keeping abreast with the latest vehicles launched by Suzuki, we, the motorbikes India team today will give our two cents on the new scooter called Burgman Street 125 that will soon hit the roads.
About Burgman Street
Burgman Street 125 created a lot of excitement and buzz within the Indian two-wheeler community with its presence at the 2018 edition of the Auto Expo in Delhi.
This beautiful looking scooter comes with a series of additional features like an LED headlamp and tail light, bottle holder, USB charging port, a wind deflector as well as a central locking system.
Wao! that’s quite interesting for a scooter.
Launch Date & Price
Burgman Street 125 is set to launch in July 2018 with prices ranging between ₹ 65,000 – 70,000. Dealers will start accepting official bookings from the 1st of July, and the distribution will most likely begin around the mid of July.
It is one of the first motorbikes to be launched locally in India. Well, this is especially great, considering the fact that India is the largest market for Suzuki in the World.
Dimensions and Overall Weight
- The wheelbase is long and the seats are big, hence they offer good room for both rider and pillion even in long hours of riding.
- The tail is long and sports a stylish tail lamp.
- The scooter has an overall length of 2055mm, an overall width of 740 mm and an overall height of 1355 mm.
- This amazing urban two-wheeler weighs in at 162 kg (357 lbs).
- The capacity of the fuel tank is 10.5 liters.
- Burgman Street comes packed with a 125 cc engine.
- It has 1-cylinder, liquid-cooled, Single Over Head Camshaft (SOHC), 4 stroke engine.
- The bore has dimensions of 57 mm X 48.8 mm (2.24 in x 1.92 in).
- The engine compression ratio is 11.6:1 with a Wet Sump type of lubrication.
- The injection engine has a continuously variable transmission unit with a CO2 emission rate of 68 g/km.
- It also sports an electronic ignition system with an electronic starter that has a power of 8.0kW @ 8000 revolutions per minute (rpm) and a torque of 10.0 Nm @ 6000 revolutions per minute.
- It has telescopic, coil sprung, oil damped front suspension, while the rear suspension uses a Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped system.
- The front and back brakes sport a disc braking system that enables the motorbike to come to a halt easily.
- The scooter will not have a very high top speed but anything between 85-100 km/hr.
The release of the Burgman Street 125 is indeed a very welcome development, as it is bound to appeal to a larger audience. It has a relatively low emission rate and therefore is eco-friendlier than many of its older counterparts. The two-wheeler pulses with originality and plenty of designed space for carrying whatever load you have and this makes it appropriate for day to day needs. Its 12V DC outlet makes charging of electronic devices smooth and easy.
All in all, the Burgman 125 from the house of Suzuki will assure you of class, ease of use, and uniqueness in a single package.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.