With a history of records for the most won Road Racing Championships in Europe, Aprilia became a part of the Piaggio Group in December 2004. The motorcycle brand Aprilia has a record of 54 impressive world titles.
Aprilia began manufacturing motorbikes at the end of the 60s, and in 2016 Piaggio entered the Indian motorcycle market with its premium Aprilia Brand.
It unveiled the first sport-scooter bike Aprilia SR 150 designed for the sensational sportbike riders for their daily city commute.
So, let us know more about the different models of Aprilia motorbikes and scooters in India.
Aprilia SR 150– The European two-wheeler manufacturer Piaggio Vehicles manufactured the very first Aprilia SR 150 vehicle in its Baramati Plant, Maharashtra. They made the announcement first during Delhi Motor Show in February.
- The scooter is an aggressive sporty style with a 150cc raw power aiming to the youth of India for a convenient daily commute.
- It has a wheel size of 14 inches through an automatic gearbox fitted with sport street tires.
- Aprilia SR 150 has 220mm of disc brake in the front paired with 140mm of drum brake at the rear.
Price – Rs.77,518 – Rs.89,495
Aprilia Shiver 900 and Aprilia Dorsoduro 900– Both the motorcycles from Aprilia got launched in 2017 with an ex-showroom price of Rs.11.99 lakh and Rs.12.50 lakh.
- The bikes are 900cc variant engine with 94bhp raw power at 8750rpm and 90 Nm Torque at 6500rpm.
- The scooters have standard ABS with multiple control settings.
- Aprilia Shiver is a roadster motorbike, whereas Dorsoduro is an adventure motorcycle.
Aprilia SR 150 Race– With the success of SR 150, Aprilia offered its second sibling SR150 Race.
- The two-wheeler got launched in less than six months with the dynamic appeal, racy look, and faster acceleration.
- SR150 Race has a single-channel ABS paired with a digital console unit.
- It has a powerful 150cc air-cooled 4-stroke engine along with telescopic front fork suspension and single arm-rear suspension, which makes it appeal to the youth-driven by its quality and adventures.
Price – Rs.93,097 – Rs.97,788.
Aprilia SR 150 Carbon– The scooter has all the similar features as of SR 150 Race.
- The difference is its appearances, which have impressive carbon fiber finish on the front apron and side panels.
- Talking about its suspension, Aprilia SR 150 Carbon has hydraulic Telescopic Fork and Hydraulic Shock Absorber for happy and adventurous riding.
Price – Rs.77,518 – Rs.82,209.
Aprilia RSV4 Factory: This motorbike, revealed at the EICMA 2018 comes with a 1100cc engine.
- Aprilia RSV4 produces 217hp at 13,200rpm and torque of 122Nm at 11,000rpm.
- The new RSV4 Factory has an adjustable traction control unit along with the 3-level wheelie control system.
- It has an electronic gearbox that makes it simple to adjust its speed on the road.
Price – Rs.22.80 lakh.
Aprilia SR 125- Here is one of the latest from the house of Piaggio.
- The all-new Aprilia SR 125 has been designed with a new dimension, grab- handle, and an extended seat giving any rider a reason to ride for fun.
- The scooter has a dual-color apron and 14 inches wide wheels, giving the bike a sporty look.
- It boasts of a 125cc engine along with hydraulic double-telescopic fork suspension and double barrel headlight.
Price – Rs.69,817 – Rs.95,664.
Aprilia Storm 125– The Italian Automaker Piaggio launched another bike, Aprilia Storm 125, with a similar DNA as SR 125.
- It has an impressive look and bold graphics.
- The bike has a 124.3cc 3-valve, four-stroke engine, and a combined braking system.
- It has a similar suspension with a maximum power of 9.52Hp @ 7250RPM and 9.9Nm torque @ 6250RPM.
Price – Rs.85,431 – Rs.90,121.
Aprilia RSV4 RR Superbike– Another master-piece from Aprilia is RSV4 RR Superbike launched in EICMA 2018.
- The motorbike has a racer look powered by a 999.6cc 4-cylinder engine.
- It produced a power of 201hp @ 13,000rpm and 115Nm torque @10,500rpm.
- The electronic features of Aprilia RSV4 RR are similar to its sibling Aprilia RSV4 Factory.
- The only difference it has with Aprilia RSV4 Factory is the bike is racing and adventurous.
Price – Rs.20.71 lakh.
Aprilia SXR 160– Piaggio India showcased its new scooter model, Aprilia SXR 160, in Auto Expo 2020. The new two-wheeler has a similar philosophy as the other Scooter models from Piaggio.
- The bike has an impressive and sporty appeal that is available in 160cc BS6 and 125cc BS6 options.
- It has twin head and tail lights technology with USB charging in the front.
- It also has an Anti-Braking System and Disk Brakes at the front and rear.
Expected Price – Rs.1.2 lakh – Rs.1.4 lakh.
Aprilia RS 150 and Tuono 150: Aprilia showcased both these motorbikes during the Auto Expo 2018, and the Indian audience was stunned at their looks. Earlier both Aprilia RS 150 and Tuono 150 was to release in 2019, but, the automobile company decided to postpone their release to 2020.
- Both the two-wheeler have 150cc engine that will produce 18hp at 10,000rpm and torque of 14Nm at 7,500rpm.
- Though the reports are not clear, the engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox with similar RS series branding.
Price – Rs.1.20 lakh and Rs.1.30 lakh onwards respectively.
So, these were a few motorbikes and scooters from the Piaggio group in India, which are ruling the Indian two-wheeler community.
However, for Piaggio, there are many obstacles as it is almost absent in North India. Hence the new launches of RS150 and Tuono 150 will need more touchpoints than they have on other sides.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.