I hope you’re all well, motorbike community!
Well, keeping in mind the receptiveness of Indians for new products, especially the current generation, we would like to discuss a post about the best Husqvarna launched in India.
Right from the launch, the Husqvarna motorbikes got a good response as anticipated by the showrooms this year.
Unfortunately, the COVID-19 outbreak and the current lockdown situation halted the entire two-wheeler industry. However, luckily, two models of Husqvarna got launched in India in February this year with lots of excitement among bikers.
So, let’s talk about the three Husqvarna models, two of which are already in showrooms, and one is ready to launch soon.
The two launched motorbikes that we are talking about come from the 250cc engine category. Both of them come with incredible specs with competing features.
Yes, we are discussing Svartpilen 250 and Vitpilen 250, based on the KTM 250 Duke model. Well, KTM is not far away from the competition. Still, we can observe the success of Swedish firm Husqvarna in India starting from the first launch.
Their pricing is aggressive, typically starting from Rs. 1.80 lakhs as ex-showroom price. We must say that appealing characteristic of both the motorcycles can significantly attract a large consumer base who want to try something new this year.
Husqvarna Vitpilen 250 and Svartpilen 250 Specifications
- Powering the similar 250cc single-cylinder, they have this liquid-cooled and fuel-injected engine.
- It has a maximum power of 30 PS at 9,000 rpm and peak torque of 24 Nm at 7,500 rpm.
- The bikes comprise the Trellis frame with a bolted sub-frame and similar cycle parts.
- The cycle parts include pre-load adjustable mono-shock on the rear, USD forks on front, and disk-brakes with heavy-duty ABS.
- A motor gearbox is a six-speed unit with an assist and slip clutch.
- On the other hand, both bikes look quite retro and are similar in various other aspects.
- They have full-LED lighting, and round LED headlight with a digital instrument cluster.
- As mentioned above, the suspension setup is also the same for both Svartpilen 250 and Vitpilen 250, with 9.5 liters of fuel tank storage and similar ground clearance.
- Nevertheless, the seat height is different at 145mm for Svartpilen 250 and 835mm for Vitpilen 250.
Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 v/s Husqvarna Vitpilen 250
Now, let’s talk about what’s different in both the bikes with regards to handlebars, riding positions of tyres, posture, and so on.
The Vitpilen 150 comes with clip-on handlebars, whereas Svartpilen 250 with the single-piece handlebar.
The Svartpilen 250 will provide you a relaxed riding posture. On the other hand, Vitpilen 250 contains a little demanding ride posture.
The focus of MRF Tyres
Although both come with MRF Tyres, the Svartpilen 250 is designed with some off-road focused tyres, whereas Vitpilen 250 tyres are generally for standard road types.
A bit extra property is found in Husqvarna 250 with a small rank over its fuel tank. And, there is no such facility for Vitpilen 250.
Since the launch, Husqvarna registered almost 163 sales units with regards to India. However, some dealerships had even started pre-bookings a month before the actual launch.
Expected to launch soon
Bajaj Auto may launch Husqvarna 401 soon once the COVID-19 outbreak is over or in 2021. Bajaj Auto had even started its manufacturing in its Chakan-based center near Pune.
- The Svartpilen 401 has a 4-valve, 373 ccs single-cylinder engine, and DOHC engine, which provides 37 Nm of peak torque and 44 BHP of maximum power.
- Other notable specifications include 4-piston radial caliper, 300 mm disk brake-up front, and 230 mm rear disk handle with braking duties.
- You can also note the suspension setup of 43 mm WP Apex with USD forks and 142 mm travel with WP Apex mono-shock on the rear.
Considering the pricing pattern of KTM 250 Duke and Husqvarna Svartpilen 250, chances are Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 would be more affordable than KTM 390 Duke.
So, these were the best of Husqvarna’s launch in India. Well, a young motorbike community like that of ours would like to try such compassionate Huskin launched by the Swedish firm.
Although you can look forward to similar KTM models, you must try out the Husqvarna for a fantastic experience.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.