TVS Motor Company has always focused on imbibing innovation to its customers and become a brand loved and admired by most of the Indians.
The multinational motorcycle company produced a new commuter this year- TVS Radeon. A well-built and well-engineered motorcycle – TVS Radeon can be a good option low-cost option for you.
So, let us get to know more about Radeon.
- The bike comes with a standard commuter motorcycle with a retro-style design with an overall metallic and chrome carburetor cover.
- It has a grooved ring for headlights, and a contemporary petrol tank with TVS sign enabled on it.
- TVS Radeon also gets a thigh grip on its tank for better riding.
- The dark tan seat offers excellent protection to the biker.
- The engine gets new styling with a gold cover and TVS stamp.
- The motorcycle has a metal rail combined with a carrier at its rear.
- Radeon has a USB charging port, a side-stand indicator, and adjustable brake technology.
- It also includes daylight running lamps with a self-starter.
- The bike gets a maintenance-free battery and a side foot peg with a hook.
- An adjustable side indicator with an exhaust pipe and black alloy wheels gives the motorcycle a smart look.
- The instrument segment comes with economical and power lights mode.
- It has a digital speedometer and a tachometer.
The Engine Specification:
- The new Radeon comes with a 109.7 cc air-cooled, single-cylinder.
- It produces a power of 8bhp at 7000 rpm and 8.7 Nm torque at 5000 rpm.
- It also comes with a 4-speed gearbox with a good quality of air filter and a spark plug for better acceleration.
- TVS boasts of better fuel efficiency with Radeon and a single cradle tubular frame.
Wheels and Suspensions:
- The motorbike runs on five-spoke alloy wheels with a height of 18 inches and 90/90 section tubeless tires at both the ends.
- Radeon has 130 mm drum brake in the front and 110 mm standard brake at the rear.
- It comes with a featured of telescopic oil damped front suspension and paired with a 5-step alterable hydraulic shocker.
Dimension and weight:
- The new Radeon is one of the most extended bikes in its range, with a length of 2006 mm and a wheelbase of 1265 mm.
- The height of the bike is 1070 mm and width of 705 mm.
- It offers a proper ground clearance of 180 mm.
- The weight of the motorcycle is around 11 kg.
- The motorbike comes with a decent 10 liters of a fuel tank.
It comes in two unique colors- Chrome Brown and Chrome Black.
The ex-showroom price in India is Rs. 48,400. If you compare with other motorbikes in its league, it is much cheaper and offers better comfort while riding.
In this competitive two-wheeler market and heavy Indian street traffic, I think TVS Radeon can be one of the best commuter motorbikes. It is light on pocket and offers smooth and safe driving.
However, I found one drawback which disappointed me is its outdated design. Also, after-sales maintenance for the new Radeon can be a little pricy as TVS parts are costlier than Hero.
Still, overall Radeon is a well-built and well-engineered motorbike at a reasonable price.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.