The two-wheeler trade fair EICMA is the acronym of the International Motorcycle and Accessories Exhibition.
Started in the year 1914 in Milan, the EICMA has a history of more than a hundred years. It is the most visited fair in the world according to the number of Exhibitors, Visitors, Operators, and Press internationally.
There are a lot of features that make EICMA an excellent showcase for the motorcycle show. Product innovation, specialized business units, world-class drivers, press conferences, and the great show outside Moto live arena are some of the features of EICMA.
With new models, concepts, and prototypes, the EICMA 2019 announced some of the best, original and revolutionary bikes this year.
So, let us check out our top 10.
Bimota-Kawasaki Tesi H2:
The Italian motorcycle brand Bimota in collaboration with Kawasaki, showed a new bike Bimota-Kawasaki Tesi H2 in Milan bike show.
- The Bimota-Kawasaki Tesi H2 has a 998cc engine, and it produces a power of 227 BHP.
- The unique design of Bimota can be seen in this bike with separate steering and suspension and is made up of bespoke Bimota double swingarm chassis.
- The front suspension is connected with a designated shock via a four-cylinder engine while two semi-active Ohlins shocks take the rear suspension care.
- The pull and push up bar on either side of the center hub is connected by a fixed arm and helps the driver to steer the bike.
- The handlebar connected is with the front steering via complex linkage on the right side. The functionality of this bike is similar to a car.
- The motorcycle gets a center-hub steering system, and it pushes the braking forces more easily back into the chassis rather than transferring to the bending forces of the forks.
- Offering better stability, great stuff, the body of Tesi H2 comes with the angled panels and carbon fiber parts and top-shelf components.
- The motorbike will be available in June 2020.
Husqvarna 901 Norden:
The 901 series Husqvarna Adventures wrapped off its Norden motorcycle concept in EICMA 2019.
- The bike has retro-style with a tall windshield, and round headlamp makes it one of the best off-road bikes in the market.
- The company has disclosed not much, but it is expected to get a Euro 5-complaint motor.
- The Husqvarna 901 looks like KTM 790 Adventure with its unique design.
- The lower belly panel acts as a deterrent against harmful objects and debris.
- The colorful instrument panel has smartphone connectivity with a knuckle guard, mounting points, and high-mounted exhaust.
- It gets a single seat with a tail lamp, gives a husky look, and a power of 121 PS and 99 Nm torque.
- With a 6-speed suspension, Husqvarna has long-travel USD forks and a mono-shock from WP.
- The setup comprises of 21-inch front and 18-inch rear spoked wheels.
- The company has not mentioned the date of release.
Harley-Davidson Pan America 1250:
The company’s first adventure bike from its model, Harley-Davidson Pan America 1250, got showcased in the Milan bike festival this year. The company has shared not many features.
- The bike comes with a massive 45-degree, 1250 cc V-twin, liquid-cooled engine.
- It has a six-speed gearbox transferring the power to the rear via a chain drive.
- The front shock is upside-down forks, and the rear is mono-shock.
- It claims output of 145 BHP and 122 Nm torque.
- The Pan America 1250 is not light-weight and expected to get a semi-active suspension.
- The instrument panels have smartphone connectivity, high windscreen, and a riding mode with a new electronic suite.
- The brakes made are with collaboration with Brembo, and the tires in association with Michelin.
Benelli Leoncino 800:
A few new bikes also appeared in the EICMA show, and one among them was Benelli Leoncino 800.
- The design of the bike follows a retro-theme with sharply sculptured lines all over its body shows its simplicity.
- It has a 754 cc twin-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine with a horse-power of 81.6 at 9,000 rpm, and torque of 61NM at 6,500rpm.
- It comes with a 6-speed gearbox with a slipper clutch.
- The engine has a new frame with a pre-adjustable rear mono-shock.
- The front brake has a 320 mm dual-disc with a four-piston mono-block caliper, and the rear disc has a 260 mm dual-disc caliper.
- The bike uses spoked wheels with tubeless tires.
- It gets a decent fuel capacity of 15 liters with LED headlights and TFT instrument panels.
- The date of the launch has not been shared by the company yet.
The unique electric motorbike Verge TS from Turku, Finland, has distinct design and functionality.
- It offers a combination of head-turning style and head-specifications with peak power of 107 hp and a maximum torque of 737 pound-feet.
- A conventional electric-motor setup is not used by the bike rather than it has a hub-less electric drive where the rear wheel itself is the main moving component.
- The motorbike gets a conventional internal combustion engine with a multiple-speed gearbox.
- The accelerator of the bike works fast and will give 124 miles range mileage on the highway and 186 miles in the city.
- The details were not many details shared in the event, but the bike has used suspension from Ohlins and brakes from Brembo.
- The approximate cost of Verge TS will be € 24,990 in the European market.
Aprilia RS 600:
The motorbike that broke the cover in the EICMA event was Aprilia RS 600, the stunning middleweight bike. The advanced electronics and modern techniques used in its body parts have inspired many of the bikers in Italy.
- With a shrink-wrapped body and compact chassis, Aprilia RS 600 is exclusive for its aerodynamic stability.
- It gets wind protection, and double-fairing setup, which helps the still channels air between the body-parts control the flow and generates a fair amount of downforce. The front up-side-down forks keep it in control.
- The bike comes with a 600cc engine with a twin-cylinder motor.
- The Italian brand claims for comfortable riding with raised handlebar and slightly rear foot-pegs.
- The suspension is from Ohlins and brakes from Brembo.
- Aprilia RS 600 will come to the International market next year.
Energica Eva Ribelle:
The naked electric motorbike Eva Ribelle is from Energica Range.
- It offers DC charging mode with a 0 to 80 percent charge in 40 minutes, looks sportier in the new bright red frame colour.
- It provides 60 percent more range than its other siblings without compromising its performances.
- An air-cooled magnetic, electric motor offers 107kw at 6000rpm and 215Nm torque.
- It has a four-level braking system and lithium- polymer battery that provides a maximum capacity of 21.5 kWh.
- A rider can go up to 400 km in city riding conditions.
- The bike has adjustable upside-down forks and Bitubo mono-shock.
- Brakes are from Brembo with dual-channel ABS setup.
- This low-volume high-end electric motorcycle will come to the market in 2020.
Indian FTR Rally:
The retro-looking Indian FTR Rally unveiled at EICMA 2019.
- The smoky visor, brown seat, and Titanium smoke paint is the look for this Indian bike.
- It is an off-road bike with a 1203 cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine and suspension setup.
- The tall handlebar, aluminum spoke wheels, and scorpion Rally STR tires give it a unique look.
- It gets a tiny smoked windscreen above the LED headlamp.
- The engine delivers 125PS power and 117.9Nm torque.
- It comes with upside-down forks, and a rear mono-shock with 320 mm front and 265 mm rear Brembo brakes.
- It is expected to launch worldwide in early 2020.
KTM 390 Adventure:
KTM launched its much-awaited KTM 390 Adventure in the festival. The bike is mainly off-road version and is similar to its sibling Duke 390.
- It has a 373.2 cc single-cylinder engine, which produces a power of 44hp at 9,000 rpm at a torque of 37 Nm at 7,000 rpm.
- The exciting part of the bike is switchable traction control.
- With tubeless tires on both the side, the adventure 390 gets 43 mm USD fork suspension and a rear mono-shock.
- The naked 390 adventure offers more travel and longer wheelbase of 1,430 mm.
- A decent fuel tank of 14.5 liters and weighs 158 kg (dry).
- The 390 Adventure will be the first bike likely to get BS6 in the 5 Euro model.
Suzuki V-Strom 1050:
With new styling, the Suzuki V-Strom 1050 gained maximum attention at EICMA 2019.
- It has an aging design of a single square-shaped LED headlamp.
- It gets an adjustable screen with XT version indicators.
- Large fuel tanks and the sleek LED unit looks pretty fresh on the bike.
- The tail part got re-designed with more stylish body parts.
- The bike gets alloy wheels with tubeless tires.
- It is BS6-compliant with a 1,037 cc liquid-cooled engine that produces power of 107hp and 100Nm torque.
- It comes with a 6-speed gearbox with an electronic suite and Suzuki Intelligent Ride System.
- The bike has 43 mm adjustable forks and a mono-shock at the rear.
- V-Storm 1050 will launch next year.
So, these were the top 10 picks from the EICMA motorcycle event 2019. Which one of these caught your eye and why? Do share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.