BMW, the erstwhile name in the field of the automotive industry, has established quite a reputation for itself worldwide. With its foundation in the two-wheeler community in the year 1921, BMW started selling its motorbikes under the brand name of BMW Motorrad. As the first member of the family, in 1921, R32 from BMW Motorrad took the motorbike community by spin with its flat-twin engine.
You can see the same kind of engineering capability of the brand in its motorbike segment as in its cars. Top-notch technology and developments incorporated into its motorbikes thereby offer a supreme experience. Even though overtly priced, the higher price reflects the better quality and the most happening technologies added into the motorbikes.
Impressive Motorbike Collection from BMW Motorrad
Let us know more about the BMW Motorrad scooters and bikes in India divided into various categories: – Sports, Tour, Roadster, Heritage, and Adventure.
Sport – S1000R
The German manufacturer BMW released the S1000R in 2014, mainly touted as the basic edition of the S1000 superbike. The styling of the superbike is entirely asymmetric when compared to its initial version.
- A 999 cc inline-four motor motorizes the motorcycle.
- It consists of 6-speed gearboxes that drive power through the chain.
- The main factor that makes the S1000R stand out from other variants is its electronic rider aids augmented by two riding modes – Dynamic and Dynamic Pro offering supreme rider experience.
- It also consists of ABS, pit lane controller, and cruise control.
- Its price range starts from INR 18.5 Lakh in India.
Tour – R1250 RT
R1250 RT is another powerhouse released by the German manufacturer in 2018, touted as the ‘Infinite Riding Pleasure’ bike.
- The BMW R1250 RT is power-driven by a 1254 cc engine, wherein the locomotive can generate a power of 135.9 PS maxing at 7750 rpm.
- The model also has disc brakes both in the facade and the stern and a fuel capacity of 25 L.
- Some other key attributes of the R1250 RT are dual-channel ABS, shift cam technology, and optional electronic deferral.
- The model price starts from INR 22.5 Lakh in India.
Roadster – F900 R
BMW launched the F900 R in India in 2020. The F900 R is the company’s response to the market competitors like Ducati, KTM, Triumph Street, and Kawasaki. For India, it is only available in standard variants.
- It has improved from its predecessor that it offers a conventional fuel tank compared to an under-seat fuel tank.
- It also consists of additional features like an LED headlamp, dynamic LED tail lamps and a 6.5-inch color TFT instrument with Bluetooth connectivity.
- The F900 R also has an 895 cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin motor with can deliver 105PS and around 92 Nm of torque.
- It consists of two riding modes, namely Road and Rain, and has a dual-channel ABS.
- Its price range starts from INR 9.9 Lakh in India.
BMW Motorrad is all set to launch out the R18 in November 2020 to compete Harley Davidson and Indian chief Dark House. The R5 mode cruiser inspires the R18 model of BMW.
- It shall consist of an 1802 cc air-cooled boxer twin.
- It will also produce 91.1 PS while also maintaining a torque level of 158 Nm.
- It shall also consist of a six-speed gearbox coupled with a hydraulic clutch and shaft drive.
- When compared to its predecessors, R18 shall consist of electricals supporting three rider modes, dual-channel ABS, and reverse assistance.
- You can expect the model to start from a price range of INR 24 Lakh in India.
Adventure – S1000 XR
The German manufacturer launched the new version of the XR version in India in 2020. It is a commuter level bike with only one variant slated for the Indian market.
- It can generate around 159.8 bhp of horsepower and around 114 nm of torque.
- It consists of a 999 cc inline four-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine of DOHC motor, and an ABS for an anti-locking braking system for additional safety.
- It is also Euro5 and BS6 compliant. It also consists of the TFT screen of the speedometer that connects with the BMW Motorrad App through Bluetooth fully.
- The starting price range of the model in India is INR 20.9 Lakh
Adventure – R1250 GS
The bike was launched in India by BMW in 2019.
- The R1250 GS is power-driven by a 1254 cc boxer twin-cylinder engine.
- It can generate a power of 136 PS of power and around 143 NM of torque.
- It also consists of the BMW technology of shift am, which can vary the valve lift timing, which is the USP factor considered to its counterpart.
- It also has a 5.5-inch TFT display.
- R1250 GS will cost around INR 20.05 Lakh in India.
While BMW is the famous car company that manufactures outstanding car models and exports it to the world, BMW Motorrad produces top-notch motorbikes and has proved its mettle in the motorbike community time and again.
So, go for one of the Adventure, Sport, Tour, and Heritage motorbike models unleashed from the BMW stable and add adventure to your everyday life.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.