Hey, motorbike riders, we are back with another review of an excellent and budget-friendly this season. Yes, guys, we are talking about the new TVS Star City Plus reboot, this year.
Are you excited? Well, then let us begin our journey by knowing more about the parent company, TVS.
Founded in 1978, this multinational motorcycle company based in Chennai, India, is undoubtedly one of the favorites of the Indian motorbike community. TVS has various joint ventures with other multinational manufacturers, namely Sundaram Clayton, Suzuki, and Recent. Over 40 years, they provided some of the most comfortable bikes, along with excellent customer support, which has been instrumental in creating real customer relations. As such, the TVS two-wheeler have certainly earned their place in the motorbike industry.
The TVS Star City Plus came to the Indian streets on the 5th of May 2014. However, TVS gave a reboot to its all-time favorite budget motorcycle on the 9th of September 2019. The bike has some cool features and some impressive specs. With a price range of INR 52,407 to INR 55,779, it is also quite pocket-friendly for the average Indian biker.
So, let’s delve deeper into the specs and features to see why the new launch from TVS is the talk of the town.
- Type: 4-Stroke, Single Cylinder, Air-cooled Engine;
- Displacement: 109.7 cc;
- Max. Power: 8.4 PS@7000 rpm;
- Max. Torque (Nm@rpm): 8.7@5000;
- Bore X Stroke: 53.5 mm x 48.8 mm;
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1;
- Transmission: 4-speed constant mesh;
- Clutch: Wet – multi-plate type;
Chassis & Suspension
- Chassis Type: Single cradle tubular frame;
- Front Suspension: Telescopic oil damped;
- Rear Suspension: 5 steps adjustable hydraulic shock absorber;
Brakes & Tires
- Front Brake: Hand operated, internally expanding, 130 mm dia.
- Rear Brake: Foot-operated, internally expanding, 110 mm dia.
- Tire Type: Tubeless Tires;
- Tyre Size: Front 2.75 x 17, Rear 3.00 x 17;
- Fuel Capacity(including reserve): 10 liters;
- Reserve Fuel Capacity: 2 liters;
- Mileage: 86 km/l;
- Wheelbase: 1260 mm;
- Height: 1080 mm;
- Width: 750 mm;
- Length: 1980 mm;
- Ground Clearance: 172 mm;
- Kerb Weight: 109 kg (may vary depending on variants);
- Mirrors: Radiant dual-toned mirrors redefine the style quotient of the bike;
- 3D Emblem: Molded from unique fiber and buffed logo for a better finish and a shiny new look;
- Aluminum Grab Rail: ergonomically designed Aluminum grab rails for the safety and comfort of your pillion rider;
- Headlamps: Stylishly designed headlamps for a safer and excellent riding experience;
- Ecothrust logo on Muffler: Specially designed Ecothrust logo with heat resistant material for a grander style;
- Wheels: Black alloy wheels provide the extra oomph to the bike;
- Tank: The muscular and stylish fuel tank is proof of the excellent fusion of design and engineering;
- Honeycomb Textured Grills: Crafted stylishly on the side panels to provide an extra style statement;
- Tail Lamp: Attention to details reflects the stylish yet highly reflective curvature of the tail lamps;
- Electric Start: Easy to operate quick-start feature helps in traffic;
- Adjustable Shock Absorbers: The 5-step adjustable shock absorbers are best suited for driving on the potholed lanes of the country;
- Premium Seats: Dual-Toned seats for much better comfort for the rider and the passenger;
- Easy Access Choke Lever: Spontaneously accessible due to its brilliant placement on the left handlebar provides easy access with no cold start;
- Fitted with a Molycoat Piston, the 110 cc engine ensures reduced friction within the engine cylinder.
- It provides better combustion so that you can reach a max speed of 90 km/h with the bike reaching from 0 to 60 km/h in only 10 seconds in normal conditions;
- Econometer: Yes;
- Odometer: Digital;
- Service-Meter: Yes;
With the synchronized braking technology, this motorbike has a very reliable and effective braking system to provide more protection to the rider(s).
The new Star City Plus from TVS comes in 10 different colors:
- Black & Blue;
- White & Red;
- Black with Red;
- Celebrity Scarlett;
- Black Silver;
- Oscar Black;
- Show Stopper Blue;
- Titanium Grey;
- The Kargil Edition with military spots of grey and green.
There are six variants to the TVS Star City Plus:
- Star City Plus Electric Start Mag (INR 52,407);
- Star City Plus Electric Start Mag STB (INR 53,247);
- Star City Plus Dual Tone (INR 53,439);
- Star City Plus Dual Tone STB (INR 54,779);
- Star City Plus Special Edition (INR 54,590);
- Star City Plus Kargil Edition (INR 55,779).
If you look at the specs and the features, this bike is value for money. So, if you are looking for a new ride this season in the budget, the TVS Star City Plus would be an excellent choice.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.