Imagine riding a sports superbike on a thunderous race track or becoming an envy of your friends. Which motorbike do you see yourself riding? Ask any motorbike enthusiast, and nine out ten will point out any one of the premium models of Ducati motorbike. Ducati is one of the leading manufacturers of sports motorbikes with an Italian antecedent and brand recall in more than 90 countries across the globe and supported by their 700 plus dealers and service station. Though the bulk of their motorbikes still get manufactured in their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Borgo Panigale in Italy, they have expanded their presence worldwide with their subsidiaries and even enter complex motorbike markets of Asia and Africa.
The latest from the house of Ducati is the Ducati 2021 Supersport 950, priced at a princely Rs. 13 Lakhs. The brand new Supersport 950 caters to GenX and new millennial buyers with sporty design and new-age types of equipment. This motorbike has modern looks which ooze power, vitality, variability in styles, and solid performance. Read on to know more about Ducati 2021 Supersport 950 motorbike.
Powerful Headlamps and Monstrous Fuel Tank
Ducati has been at the forefront of rider safety and ease of riding experience.
- The all-new Supersport 950 comes equipped with power Daytime Running Light or DRL, a powerful LED-based headlamp that gives perfect visibility on the darkest of roads and with its equitable light distribution and intensity.
- The headlamp has dual-powered LEDs for both upper and dipper beams.
- The Supersport 950 with a 16 liter humongous and brawny fuel tank gives it the perfect sporty look.
- The Ducati Supersport 950 is a 950 CC dual cylinder engine compliant with Euro 5.
- This tough cookie produces 110 BHP at 9000 RPM and 93 Nm torque at 6500 RPM.
The motorbike’s metallic frame gives excellent comfort to the rider with unique air vents adjoining the headlamps, which pass on cool air to the rider’s leg while on long journeys. The lower half of the motorbike has an extended cowl up to the exhaust and silencer hiding the motorbike’s mechanical parts, making this Supersport 950 visually appealing.
The glass windshield is kept low but is adjustable to give an overall look of an aerodynamic console. The fully digital dashboard is made of colored TFT.
Suspension and Braking
- The Ducati Supersport 950 sports an adjustable swing arm suspension that gives the motorbike the required sturdiness.
- The metallic motorbike frame effectively uses the engines as the heart of the modern design.
- The chassis has cylinder-type shock absorbers on the rear ends, while the front shocks are made up of fork-type suspension, providing the rider all the comfort.
- The braking system comes patented as Brembo braking for this Ducati Supersport 950.
- The front wheel is provided with single 320mm disc brakes while the rear comes with a 240 mm disc brake, and both ends brakes are designed with caliper functionality.
- The braking is smooth and effective and does not allow the rider to get into ugly situations while on the road.
Safety and Performance
- This motorbike is equipped with ABS and Brembo braking making it the safest sports motorbike in the heavy class.
- The ABS has a Bosch pressure sensor and does not allow the wheels from freezing or the motorbike to go into a wheelie mode during emergency braking.
Ducati Traction Control (DCO)
The Ducati Supersport 950 is equipped with specially designed 6 axis traction control, giving the motorbike the best control on the road and helps in anti-skidding by factoring in the bend angle of the motorbike.
Ducati Quick Shift (DQS)
The Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) is designed for fast up and down movement of the gearshift in a flawless manner giving the much-needed speed and throttle to the motorbike while driving on winding or hilly terrain. The DSQ makes the motorbike steady even during fast gear shifts.
The Ducati Supersport 950 has 3 riding modes, easily selectable by the rider from the digital console.
- The riding mode option available is Sports, Touring and Urban mode.
- In the Sports mode, the motorbike can ride on dirt tracks or rough terrain.
- The Touring model can be on the tar-covered highways cruising at high speeds but with greater control.
- The Urban mode is for the rainy season to gain total control over the motorbike to prevent skidding on the water-drenched slippery roads.
Ducati Multimedia System (DMS)
- The full TFT digital console can easily integrate with your smartphone via Bluetooth.
- It helps in controlling the push-button controls on the riding handle.
- The LCD provides a music player and headset connectivity for taking hands-free mobile calls.
The Ducati 2021 Supersport 950 is a motorbike designed for the young at heart and the carefree rider wanting to enjoy the journey as much as the satisfaction of reaching the destination well in time. A motorbike with super control, super safety, and super efficiency. The Ducati Supersport 950, go for it.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.