Ask any motorbike enthusiast about the sports superbike he would like to own and ride. The first name to roll out of his tongue will be none other than Suzuki Hayabusa – the ultimate dream motorbike for any fanatical motorbike lover.
Suzuki Hayabusa is the #1 sports superbike in its category for the last decade, a combination of power, performance, presence, an engineering marvel from the famed Japanese motorbike manufacturer Suzuki. The motorbike appeals to the GenX rider with its smooth yet powerful performance. It has become a benchmark of stability, reliability, speed, power, and total control for the motorbike community with totally fleet-footed maneuverability. A loaded package that will turn heads around while you cruise on the roads – the latest Suzuki Hayabusa 2021 will launch in India in May with a price tag of Rs. 16 Lakhs.
To learn more about the Suzuki Hayabusa, you need to understand its specifications and features. Thus, listed below are some of its highlights for helping you in your buying decision.
Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S)
- Suzuki Hayabusa 2021 gives the rider multiple riding modes with its developed patented drive mode selector called Drive Mode Selector version Alpha.
- The motorbike is provided with five levels of electronically controlled riding modes to optimize the driving performance on various terrains and riding conditions. These different riding settings give the rider confidence while taking this monster of a motorbike for a spin.
- The Suzuki Hayabusa also comes with three preset options, and the SDMS Alpha functionality offers another three settings for the rider to select from the available riding modes. You can use the selector switch provided on the handlebar to choose any of the modes and see the notifications on the LCD panel on the riding console.
- The Suzuki Hayabusa is fitted with a BS6 compliant 1340 CC liquid-cooled inline-four engine, making this motorbike a perfect combination of power, performance, durability, and fuel efficiency.
- This powerful engine provides the motorbike with the heavy-duty torque and energy required for speeding on championship race tracks and city roads alike.
The motorbike has a tremendous fan following among the motorbike community for the last 20 plus years, making it the #1 sports superbike.
Here are a few latest refinements added to this motorbike to take it to the next level as the most futuristic motorbike in its category.
- The design and material used for the pistons and connecting rods make its engine rotating parts lightweight.
- The crankshaft oil passage is designed for improved lubrication.
- Many minute detailing has gone in the overall engine design with extensive transmission shaft needle bearing variation in how the engine bolt is tightened and even in the screw holes threading in the upper crankcase.
- The engine’s combustion efficiency is greatly enhanced using the Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber (TSCC) and new pistons.
- This motorbike comes with side feed Injectors and a dual injector design. This new design, coupled with an extended input pipe and a new air filter, optimizes its performance, thus achieving better control under any riding conditions.
- Hayabusa comes with a feather touch response and control using its perfectly engineered throttle control system.
The motorbike showcases exquisite craftsmanship, a bold design that provides both muscle and performance to its rider.
- The engineering team always keeps riders’ safety and ease of use on top of its mind, and the chassis design is no different. The chassis is made up of a twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm design.
- The frame is made of extruded aluminum sections to give it the best in class agility combined with balance and dignity for an overall rugged but sturdy look.
- This motorbike delivers a top speed of 300 km /hr without breaking a sweat.
- The suspension, too, is a marvel of Japanese engineering with upturned KYB magazine forks on the front wheel and carbon-coated fork tubes on the rear wheel.
- It reduces friction and improves riding quality even on rough roads. The suspension is rider-adjustable, providing a soothing effect, safety, and steadiness while on long drives.
- You can recognize this motorbike even from far due to its aerodynamic shape and futuristic look. While standing or in motion, this motorbike looks like a perfect predator.
- A low stance, aggressive front end upswept tail, and mufflers make it a mean machine like a Cheetah moving in for its kill.
- The mufflers are made unique in design with a color play of vibrant metal and chrome.
- The motorbike is wind-tunnel tested with CAE tools to provide a design that can cut the wind while riding at a top speed of 300 km/hr on the highway.
- This motorbike has an instrument console designed keeping in mind its fan in the motorbiking community.
- The meters are all analog with a bright, big, and bold look. The central TFT LCD panel is a stand-out that combined the SDMS-Alpha system and provides live riding attributes to the rider at any given time.
- You can visualize the brake pressure, acceleration, speed, and throttle position with ease on the riding panel.
- This motorbike is provided with a large windscreen, a hallmark of all sports motorbikes. This windscreen is 40 mm thick, providing the rider enough safety and giving the motorbike the required sporty look.
- A sporty logo is splashed across the windscreen to make the rider proud of its pedigree. The mirrors come with carbon covers which enhance their looks.
- The seat is ergonomically designed with a red double stitch providing the rider and his pillion the right amount of grip and balance while riding at high speeds.
- The logo blazing on its surface enhances its look, making it the ultimate dream bike to possess. The motorbike shape is perfectly designed for a sports superbike with its seat cowling stretching from the rear to the front.
- These cowlings come in a vibrant and eye-catching color combination of black, gold, matte silver, red, white, and matt blue.
- This motorbike is provided with a huge fuel tank to power this monstrous motorbike. The fuel tank is covered with a scratch-resistant sticker pad giving the motorbike a sexy look.
- The motorbike wheels are enhanced by attractive Hayabusa motif decals available in red and gold.
- This motorbike comes with an additional safety feature of front and back wheel slider to reduce balance and maneuverability even during sudden braking.
For the average family man who goes for weekly grocery shopping, this motorbike though a sports bike is well equipped to handle the multiple shopping bags, which can be strung on the strong hook fitted to the handlebar.
The new Suzuki Hayabusa 2021 combines power, agility, and performance, making it the most sought-after motorbike in the sports superbike category. Ride the Suzuki Hayabusa, and you are sure to turn the onlookers head around in awe and jealousy.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.