In any field, if you notice, Japanese Engineering is the hallmark of perfection, trusted with solid quality and exhaustive documentation, and compliance to industry standards. Ask any motorbike enthusiast from the motorbike community about the top brands and models for sports or superbike. The answer will always have Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha as their favorites. All three motorbike manufacturers have positioned themselves as promoters of premium motorbikes at a price worth its value to loyal customers.
If you want to know about the latest sports bike, the YZF R15 V3 from the house of Yamaha, read on to enjoy.
The Born Again Sportbike from Yamaha
Looking at the YZF R15 V3, you will know it’s a comeback of the no-nonsense original sports bike. This motorbike is a pure engineering marvel that comes loaded with athletic chromosomes.
- A perfect combination of power and performance with a lineage from its M1, R1, and R Series motorbikes.
- The Yamaha YZF R15 is powered by dual-channel ABS and produces 18.6 BHP, making it ready to hit the race track.
Superior Design Legacy
The Yamaha YZF R15 V3 is designed to catch your eye with its bold front fuselage, dynamic and large capacity fuel tank, an aerodynamically designed front, and a sporty tail.
Test ride this motorbike to fully understand what is unique about this 155 CC motorbike.
Top Performance Engine
- The Yamaha YZF R15 V3 is powered by a liquid-cooled engine designed with a single camshaft fuel injection type high-performance engine.
- This powerful engine produces an 18.6BHP at 10k RPM and 14.1 Nm at 8500 RPM.
- The engine itself from a die-cast aluminum (DiASil) cylinder providing the required durability and cooling technology to give a powerful yet smooth ride.
- The Yamaha YZF R15 V3 is the first of its kind motorbike with VVA technology.
- The Variable Valves Actuation (VVA) generates very high torque at low RPM, giving the motorbike the feel of a sports superbike.
- The system is designed to have two inputs valve cams, one for small to medium range RPM and the other for high range RPM.
- These valves change over at 7500 RPM to give the rider great power and torque to throttle the motorbike.
- The new Yamaha YZF R15 V3 is provided with a 6-speed transmission, allowing the motorbike rider to ride the bike at low RPM even when in the highest gear without the shaky feeling and stress of fuel consumption.
You can ride this beast, shifting gears at ease and not worry about its mileage.
- The A&S (Assist & Slipper) clutch provides low tension during the shifting of gears even in lower acceleration, reducing the clutch drag at low speeds.
- This technology is best in city traffic, delaying rider exhaustion due to constant braking and clutch use at minimum speeds.
The A&S gives the motorbike rider a smooth and safe ride.
Double Channel ABS
- The Yamaha YZF R15 V3 comes with front 280mm and 200mm rear disc brakes with ABS functionality.
It makes the motorbike safest at high speed as the brakes don’t freeze even when applied in an emergency. With this mean machine, rest assured you will be in complete control while cruising at super speeds on the highways.
- The Yamaha YZF R15 V3 is provided with a broad base 140 mm 70R17 M/ C type radial tires usually associated with race track motorbikes.
- These tires are designed for firm grip and absorbing harsh shock while riding on a rough and pot-holed city road or on dirt tracks of mountain terrain.
Built-In Side Stand & Engine Cut Off Switch
Do you face the embarrassment of dragging the open side stand while rushing to the market or absentmindedly going on a ride without checking the side stand status?
Be confident this will not happen anymore due to the built-in side stand engine cut-off switch. The engine won’t throttle while the side stands ON; you need to press the special button to retract the same to cruise ahead.
Supersonic LED Head and Tail Lights
The supersonically designed powerful head and tail LED lights ensure a safer ride even on the dimly lit highway. The double LED front lights shower a powerful beam on the darkest of the road to give perfect visibility to the rider.
Ergonomic Pillion Seat
The back or pillion rider seat is ergonomically designed and is low in position for the pillion rider comfort.
As the name suggests, the metallic motorbike frame is triangular or delta-shaped to give it a combination of sturdiness and balance.
The Yamaha YZF R15 V3 has a single cross-aluminum swing arm type suspension, providing best-in-class shock absorption and a smooth ride over long journeys on any terrain.
Digital Instrument Cluster
The handlebar comes with an advanced technology fully digital instrument cluster console. Its gear shifts, speed, distance, fuel consumption, trip meter, VVA indications are available and visible on this digital console. The rider will never have to be bothered missing any alerts from the intelligent motorbike engine.
While riding at high speed, you need to be aware of the pedestrians and even the stray cows or dogs meandering on the roads. To give advance notice of your arrival, you can use the high decibel dual horn of the Yamaha YZF R15 V3.
Thus, the Yamaha YZF R15 V3 is a pocket-friendly, low maintenance, and no-nonsense super performer at INR 1.5 lakhs. So, cruise along with the beast stress-free at all times.
Disclaimer: This article was prepared or accomplished by it's author in their personal capacity. The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the view of Motorbikes India or it's owners.
The views and opinions expressed on this web site are soley those of the original authors and other contributors. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Steve Gerweck, the GERWECK.NET staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.